July 24, 2013

A Reunion and the 24th

 A month or two ago we found out that Chad's grandpa was half Arabic.  Which makes Chad an 1/8 and my kids 1/16.   It is actually a really cool story and the pieces he has been able to put together about where he came from are awesome.  This past Sunday we were able to meet a big group of them that came from all over the country.  We spent about 4 hours at a park talking and getting to know them.  I think Chad's grandpa looks so much like them and they were all so great and kind.



 The 24th of July has been one of my favorite days so far this year.  Chad and I both had it off work.  We got our house so clean this morning.  Had a BBQ outside with the neighbors, went to the movies, lost Leighton there for about 5 or 10 minutes..scared the crap out of us, went to Fiesta Days, and got pizza to watch the Mapleton fireworks.
 I want to go to Disneyland again because this kid was loving the little rides here.





1 comment:

Amanda said...

The pic of Kyns and Schaeffer is so cute. I love how they are laughing!